Being a product of my generation, geographic location and gender, there are a few things I hate paying for:
1. Air. A sign at a gas station near the air compressor hose, usually in a metropolitan area, says "Free Air". (Have I got the quotes and the punctuation right, Suzy)? Of course air is free! Were you going to charge me for filling up my leaking tire? With all the gravel roads up here, they'd have to hire extra staff at the gas station to deal with the volume of transations.
2. Parking. I know, I know. I'll do it, but begrudingly. I don't drive around looking for free spots, but I'm not a "cash" kind of girl. A $1-$5 transaction is more of a hassle for me than buying groceries. But these days, when I go to the movie theater (I know, pay for movie theater parking, which you are later reimbursed for with a discount on your movie ticket price, which brings it down to $3.50, which I pay with my debit card) I write a check. The line backs up behind me but I don't feel bad. Take a debit card at the parking booth, for crying out loud.
3. TV. Some people love their cable, but I feel like broadcast TV is enough of a time suck. (unlike facebooking, netflixing and blogging) Now this whole DTV thing comes around and my TV's are worthless until I buy converter boxes. I apply for the DTV convertor box coupons, receive those, drive 45 miles each way to spend another $80 on my 2 converter boxes. Now it appears we need to buy another anntennae, apparently to put on our icy roof. So, no oscars for me last Sunday. And it's getting so complicated to turn on my TV, I'll need to hire a teenage boy to help me turn my TV on every day. I'm raising some now. They're starting to perfect their eye rolls.
Other things I just don't like (but usually don't pay for).
4. Crabby People.
5. Run on sentences.
5. Double standards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment