Jeff and I had taken the boys to Chicago about five years ago, but I wanted to see if I could manage a city trip with the boys on my own. Not that I want to travel without Jeff, sometimes I just don't want to wait until he can go. And if he stays home, I don't have to arrange a dog sitter.
Travelling with Nancy was the best of both worlds; an adult for backup, but a baby step in the independant travel department. And the dog is happier.
The kids did a great job and really enjoyed the city. They all learned how to use their own metro cards (of course). They liked seeing all the different people and hearing all the different languages. It's pretty white bread in our part of the world, so a picture of diversity is good. And they're always in heaven with science museums, aquariums and planetariums.
Nancy and I already have plans for the next Chicago trip, with kids and with friends. Each a little different. One will involve less Chipotle and more grown up dinners. Fewer reptiles and more paintings. But with Nancy Mac along, the number of fart jokes will remain consistent. But one thing is for sure, we won't be going to Navy Pier. (we're not big shoppers).
By the way, doesn't Brad look ready for his backpack trip to Europe? Both boys schlepped their own gear on this trip. Hooray!! (Thank goodness it was summer and everyone was wearing shorts). Washington DC, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment