Remember that Marlo Thomas record when we (some of us) were kids? "Free to be You and Me" was all about girl power, telling boys it was all right to cry and have a doll. It was very touching to hear Rosie Grier sing, "It's all right to cry..."
Anyway, my mom bought me the CD and accompanying book, of course. Now my kids can enjoy it (sort of) and I can reminisce with my friends. Now that I'm parent, my new favorite that I play for my kids is "Parents are People." My kids barely indulge me, and then move on to something else.
If I had more time, I'd work up a whole new song about bloggers to the tune of "Parents are People". Here's my first verse, with the youtube of the original song below:
Bloggers are people (bloggers are people)
People with laptops (people with laptops)
When bloggers were little, they used to be nerds,
like some of you, and smarter too and now
Bloggers are people (bloggers are people)
Who work in pajamas (work in pajamas)
And so on. Here's the real thing. And go on youtube to watch Rosie Grier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi dear....
That's Harry Belafonte isn't it?
REMIT
Post a Comment