Halloween has always been hit and miss with me. The year I met Jeff (Mr. LMK) I had two great costumes. I dressed up in my Grandma's old dress and went as the "1955 Mower County Pork Queen". (I'm not sure if there is one, but there should be). I also found sheets of pink, protective foam in the garbage at work, wrapped myself up in it with pink tights and a pink t-shirt and went as a "wad of gum". That was 1987.
Flash forward to circa 2006 when my bookclub used the guideline of "dressing as a character from one of our books". I dressed up as "The Girl with the Pearl Earring". A fancy scarf and one good pearl earring and, Voile! Three great costumes in less than 20 years.
This year I wasn't feeling very creative, especially after my 2006 homerun. Nancy Mac (Hillary, below) suggested I go as Sarah Palin. All of a sudden I was out of the gates. I didn't even need a pre-bookclub nap I was so energized.
So a h/t (hat tip for you non-bloggers) to Nancy Mac for the idea, Suzy for my "power suit" and my boys for their enthusiastic support. Happy Halloween! Nice pant suit Hillary. How much did that cost?
No comments:
Post a Comment