Saturday, April 19, 2008

Becoming Jane- a review, sort of

I've been on a Jane Austen kick lately. The Keira Knightley movie sure helped, but more recently it's been the PBS Jane Austen marathon. All six of her books dramatized, as well as a biographical movie. Jeff (Mr. Lisapedia) watched a couple of evenings with me and finally asked, "when is something going to happen?"

I pointed out all of the walks, dinners, conversations, dances, letter writing and reading. It was packed with action!

Jeff's been out of town this week, but saw a movie on the plane that he thought I'd have liked, Becoming Jane. Predictably, he was a little bored by it.

I finally watched it last night and really enjoyed it. (Anne Hathaway was great, as well as James McEvoy, upcoming BSH). Some Austen diehards are offended by the historical liberties that were supposedly taken with the movie. I'm ignorant to any of that, and had a nice time watching. As I predicted, while talking to Jeff on the phone about it later, his only favorite part was the bare knuckle boxing scenes.

No comments: