During rainy day number 6 on our vacation in North Carolina last week, the boys and I finally ran out of indoor things to do and went to see Horton Hears a Who. My title is borrowed from Horton (channeled by Jim Carrey) as I approach my blogging "ethic".
I'll try and use initials, nicknames or first names only, to keep people's whole names off the web. If you want me to come up with a new nickname for you, we'll talk. I set this blog up so that it couldn't be found if you googled me. And that old saying about saying nothing if you can't say anything nice, will be in force here. Which brings me to my first exception; public figures (politicians, Britney Spears, et. al.) are totally fair game. Otherwise this would be very dull.
All of this will be good news to my husband, who I've threatened twice, in the past 24 hours, to blog about some disagreement we just had. "And you won't come out looking so good," I told him. I wouldn't do that, but you might be able to guess what happened if I bring up some meta discussion based on an article that married women do more housework than single women. (Am I right, ladies?)
Any-who, Horton was great. There's nothing better than seeing your child with a smile pasted on there face, and then break out in laughter. That's a great vacation memory.
LMK
P.S. Hunter's mom's new nickname is Run DMc, or Bike DMc. If want something less aerobic, DMc, let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes you do much more housework than us single women....simply because we can choose to ignore it....happily so. Dang those expectations and societal norms for the married woman and mom.
E.T.
I do the same amount as I did when I was married (all of it) Except now as ET says the pressure is off. I do it when and if I feel like it. Great Idea for a Blog LMK. Maybe I should start one too since I can't get my daughter to listen to me. ("stop being a teacher Mom!")
JJake
Post a Comment