The past several days, the meteorologists started talking about a big blizzard heading our way. One of the things I love about living in Minnesota, especially up here, is how we revel in our weather emergencies! Blizzards are relatively harmless, although there can be some dangerous situtions. These days we usually don't worry that Pa hasn't made it home in the blizzard for Christmas, then realizing he spent the whole time no more than 40 feet from the house, eating up all your Christmas candy. You don't care you have nothing for Christmas now. You, Ma and your sisters Mary and Carrie are so glad to see him that it's gift enough! (Whatever!)
I digress, back to NE Minnesota blizzard preparedness. We love to talk at work about what we'll do if we can't come in the next day. The liquor store and grocery store are hopping. The kids hedge their bets about whether they should do their homework or not.
The next morning someone has to wake up early and see if school's actually cancelled. Watching the scroll of school names until it finally shows up. Hooray!! School's closed!!
A day in pajamas for most of us now. Except for Pa. He has to head into work so he can get stuff done for his business trip on American Airlines flight to Puerto Rico next Monday. He may ended up stranded, but I don't think it will be forty feet from the house.
I hope he doesn't eat all our candy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Snowdays rock! Plus they allow me time to check out this great new blog. I love it. Finally another avenue to share your amazing talents.
LBH
Post a Comment