- I heard on the radio this morning that Hillary Clinton was going to have a big announcement today about a super delegate endorsement. I'm thinking it's Bill Clinton. :-)
- Here's a great Jon Stewart quote I found in my in box this morning. Jon Stewart was on Larry King’s show recently. Larry asked Jon if America was ready for a woman or a black president. Jon looked at him quizzically and said: "This is such a non-question ... Did anyone ask us in 2000 if Americans were ready for a MORON?
- I watched the movie Possession Sunday night. Gwyneth Paltrow and Aaron Eckhart play scholars of dead English Poets who may have had a heretofor unknown love affair. (Watching a movie like that makes you want to use words like "heretofor") So it has victorian british poets, forbidden love affairs, academic cat and mouse. What a total chick flick! I loved it! Roger Ebert gave it 3-1/2 stars.
- Mr Lisapedia took the boys out Sunday afternoon and evening (hence the chickflick). I had about 5-1/2 hours home alone! Wow! What a treat! I ordered some travel stuff online, baked banana bread, did the dishes, drank some wine, watched a movie. I can get a lot more done in 5-1/2 hours than I used to. It's that economy of movement thing that moms learn. I also had roasted red pepper hummus and crackers for dinner. That's it!
- And Hannah Montana supposedly let American down by showing her back in an Annie Liebowitz photo. What will the 12 years old think when they pick up their most recent issue of Vanity Fair?
- On a side note: Emma Watson, of Harry Potter fame, recently turned 18. Since she's legally in charge of her money now, her parents made her take a money management class with her lawyers and financial advisors. Knowing her, she'll blow the whole thing on an Oxford education.
- Lastly, I heard this last night on PBS, previewing a profile of the first President Bush. One of Bush's advisors said people used to ask him all the time why they didn't go all the way to Baghdad when they invaded Iraq. "You know what," he said, "they don't ask me that anymore."
- Another lastly, I told a friend that calling your spouse a husband or wife is so 2000. I'm going to start referring to Mr. Lisapedia as my partner. Don't you love the ambiguity?
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Bullet points in a life
I haven't had the time or energy to blog the past few days. As the ashanti yoga guy would say on the DVD, "That's OK, it's your practice." So here are a few random thoughts bouncing in my head, nothing that I can summon an entire blog entry for. I just can't keep them to my self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment