So here I am in Paris, with a few more extra days to explore the city with. Poor me. I hadn't been to any of the museums yet so Richard and I got two day museum pass and off we went.
It was like the world's best geocache adventure. How do you get to the museum? What metro(s) should you take? Where's the front of the line you go to with your museum pass? (No waiting in lines! You were right Rick Steves!)
Even though Germany would have been great, I glad that I didn't miss out on the Louvre, the D'Orsay, the Pompidou, the Pantheon, the Rodin museum. I've seen Van Goughs, The Thinker by Rodin, Napoleans bones in a big marble coffin in a big cathedral like room (can we say napolean complex). I've seen Alexander Calder mobiles, Matisse, Monet, Manet, Vermeer and lots of statues of naked people. (What's up with fully dressed men and naked women?)
I got to see Picasssos, the world's fanciest Veterans nursing home, a red rhinoceros and a airplane made out of wicker and scissors. I wouldn't have traded those two days for anything. I feel like a got a great flavor of the city, and I know which way is back to the apartment on the metro without looking at the map (Only on our last connection). And every time I've gone to the grocery store, I've stood in a line with at least six people (sometimes nine) - every time!
It's been a great immersion in this AMAZING city. Wow! And it smells the least of urine of any city I've been too. If that's not a selling point, I don't know what is.
And my french, what can I say. You should hear me ask to buy 10 metro tickets. I'm a natural. :-)
Don't forget to check out Dick's Pix for museum photos.
Bon jour and hasta luego...
No comments:
Post a Comment